Thursday, April 19, 2012

Simplicity 1924


Here is my next sewing adventure. I found this pattern in a vintage shop in Rockville, Indiana last year. After completing my last dress I'm feeling confident to make another.

For this dress I've decided to use a red cotton. Maybe decided isn't the right word. I have red cotton already purchased in my closet. Originally I bought these 5 yards to make a full circle skirt. After making the doodle below I've decided red would look totally cute in style 1. Plus as a beginner the cotton is easy to work with. Maybe I will even have enough left over to still make the full circle skirt.....or at least an A-line skirt.

I've washed and ironed the fabric and now I just need the time. My friend is getting married out of town so I will be busy with the wedding (I'm in the wedding party). I'm sure I will have cute pictures to share from Florida where the wedding will be. Once I return I'll be starting this cute dress just in time for the May weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment