Wednesday, June 5, 2013

UFOs and ADD

I have knitting ADD.  With all the yarn I have and wonderful world wide web of free knitting patterns, I am always looking to start a new project.  Problem is I forget to finish the old project first.  Below is my 'list of things to do'.  Hopefully this blog post will keep me motivated to finish these projects before starting anything new.


1. Princess Leia hat


 Yup, I started this one about a year ago and all I have to do is sew on the 'buns'.


2. Halloween Cross Stitch.  Originally I wanted to make one for my mom and one for my aunt for Christmas.  I gave one to my aunt on Christmas and this second one I was going to give to my mom for her birthday.....her birthday was in January.


3. Yellow Vintage Sweater.  According to my ravelry records, I started this sweater back in 2008. All I need to do is sew on the buttons however I have been thinking about sewing on a ribbon just like in by Gum, by Golly's tutorial here. I would probably sew the ribbon on the inside to give the sweater more structure.  Any suggestions?


4. Winter Hat by Woolly Wormhead. Looks like I just have a few more rows left.


5. Crochet top from Stitch n' Bitch Happy Hooker. I started this one back in 2007 on a long plane ride and all I need to do is sew on the sleeves. I hope it will still fit. 


6. Another Vintage patterned sweater. Although this was a quick knit I think I haven't finished because its a little large.  Still, all I need to do is sew on the buttons. I picked the color to match my little roses dress.


7. I have one fingerless glove and the yarn to knit a second. I should be able to finish this during a movie. This free pattern came from knitty.com and the pattern is called Fetching.


8. Vintage Men's sweater vest. This was going to be my brother's Christmas present a few years ago.  He lived in Minnesota at the time.  Think he will still wear it in California?


9.  Vintage...


9. ...well you have to believe me that under the cats are 2 pieces of a Vintage lace top. I have the front and back completed and have to finish the sleeves and the tie on the front.

I'll keep you updated and post the projects (and a few vintage patterns) as I finish my list.  Thanks to Layla and Stewie for modeling my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment